The original MagLine magnetic tape, incremental or absolute
The original MagLine magnetic tape is a flexible scale for recording distance or angle information. The magnetic tape is available in incremental or absolute design. It consists of a magnetically encoded plastic tape permanently stuck onto a steel carrier strip.
The special advantages of the MagLine magnetic length and angle measurement technology
- Non-contacting measurement with magnetic sensor and magnetic strip or magnetic ring
- Completely non-wearing
- Insensitive to dust, chips, moisture, oil, grease etc.
- Very robust when exposed to shocks and vibration
- No measuring errors caused by gear ratios or gear backlash
- High system accuracy and reproducibility, easy handling and installation